Papercuts


Once again I have stumbled over something so beautiful that my heart just stopped for a second and I got tears in my eyes. The Danish artist Peter Callensen has made these incredible artpieces out of paper. Castels, Butterflies Trying to Escape Their Shadow, a spider rising in the shadow of an orchid, a man holding his own skin in his hand……Some just pure beauty, some make you slightly uncomfortable, and all of them made so realistic you will be amazed.

See and read more here, and I strongly recommend you to check out Peter Callensen´s website: http://www.petercallesen.com




The artist himself about his work:
“These playful performances exist in the lost land of childhood, between dream and reality and it is in this meeting or confrontation of these two conditions, in a kind of utopian embodiment, that these works of art become alive, often in a tragicomic way. “



0 kommentarer:

Post a Comment