The diamond baseball bat

I stumbled over this beautiful baseball bat at an exhibition at Galleri F15 (Moss, Norway). With diamonds covering either the barrel or the handle the two bats are part of an art-installation called “it’s a boring day” by the Norwegian artist Lars Sture. The bats are laying on wool in each their wooden box, and maybe I have just seen to many violent movies but it gives me the association to a mix between a jewelry box and a weapon container.


A sport equipment turning in to a weapon, that again turns into a luxury object and a jewelry. Diamonds are a girl’s best friends, but I bet that it will hurt a lot more being hit with it.

Even though I love everything that sparkles I cant help but to feel a bit conflicted about this art piece, and I guess that’s the meaning!

0 kommentarer:

Post a Comment