The beauty of the photograph


I really love these beautiful photos of Chris Jordan. He says, "this series, photographed in New Orleans in November and December of 2005, portrays the cost of Hurricane Katrina on a personal scale. Although the subjects are quite different from those in my earlier Intolerable Beauty series, this project is motivated by the same concerns about our runaway consumerism".
I really find it interesting how he combines these horrible scenes, into a perfect estetic frame- the combination of a message and beauty. Perfect.

The artist also states "I am appalled by these scenes, and yet also drawn into them with awe and fascination. The immense scale of our consumption can appear desolate, macabre, oddly comical and ironic, and even darkly beautiful; for me its consistent feature is a staggering complexity".







Video:

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show/segments/view/chris-jordan/



0 kommentarer:

Post a Comment